Sunday, October 6, 2024

Teachable Moment

 

We lost electricity for 3 hours one evening recently. We had dinner by candlelight and shuffled around in the dark with our flashlights. Some bi-products of an electrical outage

  • We have no idea what we ate.
  • I’m not even sure that was my wife.
  • I changed into casual clothes during the outage. When the lights came back on none of my clothes matched.

Regarding the third point, this is, as President Obama used to like to tell us, a teachable moment. If you see someone out on the town and their clothes don’t match or don’t quite match, don’t automatically think that they’re a dolt. They might have suffered through an electrical outage.

A great commercial for generators would be to have a guy standing in front of the camera in unmatched clothes saying, “Do you suffer from electrical outages and have to get dressed in the dark?” 

Did I mention I took a marketing course in college?

No comments:

Post a Comment