Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Bad Langauge Arts


Somebody at work cussed today and then apologized repeatedly. It reminded me of a class I had in high school where, on the rare occasion a student (not me!) cussed in class the teacher would get all mad (justifiably) and say, “Save that language for the locker room!”. (In hindsight, I’m not sure the coaches really appreciated that.) Well, one day the teacher got really frustrated at the class and cussed at us! From the back of the classroom, someone (OK, yeah, this time it was me) yelled, “Save that language for the locker room!”

While that response was admittedly disrespectful, it was something that may have helped this teacher in the long run. From that day forward she kept her composure and never cussed at us again.

Then again, I cannot speak for her language in the locker room.  

No comments:

Post a Comment