Sunday, May 24, 2015

Ban the Bombpop

I heard an ice cream truck recently playing patriotic music. Ít was Mother's day, I think. Having been used to hearing "Turkey in the Straw" this new tune caught my ear. Because of the music selection, I, of course, thought he might be having a special on those red, white and blue Bomb Pops. So, yeah. I enjoy an occasional Bomb Pop. You get a nice chunk of ice for your money. I like the fact that you eat it in red, white and blue order although by the time you get to the blue it's melting and it may stain your trunks. But I thought a name like "Bomb Pop" would have gone out with a name like the NBA's Baltimore Bullets. The bad news is that Baltimore still had the riots even after changing the name. The good news is that the now Wizards were still alive in the NBA playoffs on Mother's Day.

When I retire I'm gonna get an ice cream truck that plays hymns. And I'll have a lady playing the organ in the back. And maybe a monkey. People dig monkeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment