Sunday, May 24, 2015

Ballad of $13

Someone mentioned to me today that I need to see the new aquarium at our local zoo. I'm fine with that. I'm not OK with the cost of attending the holiday light display. For my $13 entry fee I want to see more than just lights in trees. I want to see lights on the actual animals. I don't think that's asking too much. Would it kill them to put a string of lights on the giraffe? Maybe have a monkey switch them on and off. Can they plug in the peacock somehow? That would be beautiful. Seeing as how this is an evening event, they could do wonders with these animals. For $13 I would also like to see the animals dance. I don't think that's asking too much. Worst case scenario the animals revolt. At least then you have a great summer movie idea. This is the 21st century. America is demanding more than looking at animals sleeping in cages.

How would they incent the animals for the "extra performance"? Simple. First of all, the animals are looking for something to do anyway. They'll likely be glad to do it. They're bored. As extra enticement, let them ride on the rides when the zoo is closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment