Thursday, May 17, 2018

Prisoner Lunch


Have you ever been in a restaurant when they bring the prisoners in for lunch? I was in this diner in a small town with one of my co-workers when all these guys with orange vests came in. They weren’t hunters. They were some type of prison road crew. Apparently they got to eat lunch out. Not sure why they couldn’t brown bag it, but it was what it was. So they came in – a dozen, maybe 15 of ‘em. They were well behaved and all. But it got me to thinking – if these guys are eating the same food in the same restaurant I am, and if they’re playing the same jukebox I’m playing, remind me again please of the advantages of NOT being in prison. Oh yeah, there’s one more thing. I had to pay for MY lunch.

No, Jailhouse Rock was not on the jukebox. And no, Bill Cosby was not on the road crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment