Sunday, July 22, 2018

Bird on the Wing


Back to the topic of our flying feathered friends, I stumbled upon a missing bird sign while on vacation. It was posted at the local general store in a small town near where we stayed. There was a large picture of the bird on the sign (his name was not provided) – it was a beautiful bluish cockatiel with white and orange features. I think it’s one of those birds who can talk. This situation struck me as heartbreaking since this was obviously someone’s beloved pet. The sign was three weeks old so the likelihood of the bird being found was low unfortunately…

I really hate reading these "missing pet" posters. They really don’t have an upside. Someone should address this. OK, I guess that person is me. Can we start distributing pictures of the pets that ARE found, those who are reunited with their loved ones? That would provide some balance and make the whole thing easier to swallow...

In the meantime, if you hear a fresh melody in your backyard or a new voice coming from your tree, please let us know here at Uncle Tommy’s. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment