Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Pop Goes the Trunk Lid


Once, while we were loading up our car for our daughter to go back to college, her friend, in an effort to surprise her, climbed into our trunk when we weren’t looking. Well, it worked. Sort of. I walked out of the house with a heavy suitcase and, as I went to open the trunk she popped out of it like a girl popping out of a birthday cake in one of those bad Neil Simon movies. Well, I, being the wrong victim, and being alarmed by the whole process, did not find her amusing. Fortunately, I did not have a heart attack or anything.  But in her estimation, I was scared “half to death”. I think it was more like a quarter to death or maybe 35% or so. I didn’t see any of my deceased relatives lined up to greet me like they say you see when you have one of those near death experiences, but I may have heard them or seen their shadows.  

In hindsight, I guess I’d rather be scared half to death than half past death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment