Thursday, October 29, 2020

Short Bed Cookie

I traveled as part of a vocal group in college; when we traveled we often stayed at people’s homes. One time we stayed at this house with really short beds. Like 5 foot beds. We were college kids so we thought those beds were pretty funny. In hindsight they were probably valuable – like Napoleon or Charlie Chaplin slept in them or something…

But yeah, short beds remind me of short bread. I wonder if unleavened bread is ever called short bread. There’s no yeast in it, you know, so it’s a short loaf. I bet wee Zacchaeus served short bread when Jesus ate at his house. So, like, if the loaf gets too high, do they use shortening to bring it down? At that point does it become shortening bread?   

Looking back, I probably could have used some shortening to fit into that short bed in college…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment