Sunday, April 18, 2021

Weighty Issue

We had a guy come into the office the other day. It was a co-worker’s birthday and she had balloons around her desk. As people are prone to do, he asked her how old she was. She appeared to be insulted and told him that that was a very personal question and that she wasn’t going to tell him how old she was. So he asked her what she weighed.

Well, we of course know we can’t ask anybody their weight except for maybe wrestlers. My problem with that is, when a guy tells me he wrestled in high school, I ask them what weight class.  I’ll say something like, “Did you wrestle 187 lbs?” And too many times, the answer is something like, “No. 122.” (Obviously they had gained a lot of weight.)  So yeah, that gets awkward. Don’t try it.

I think when I retire I may set up a “Guess Your Birth Weight” booth at the fair. I think people would line up for that, don’t you? And I’d get to see a lot of counties.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment