Sunday, November 6, 2022

Time Out for a Measurement

Our granddaughter had her one year checkup last week. She has really grown! I asked my son how big she was. (You can ask about a woman’s weight right up to about age one but I wouldn’t go beyond that.) The doctor’s office measured her weight in lbs but measured her height in cm. What in the world is up with that?  

I can see using the lb/metric measurement mix if you live near the Canadian border in say, Niagara Falls, or Sault Ste. Marie. Or if you live in El Paso I have no problem with the measurement mix. Same thing if you live in Juarez on the other side of the border. Or Windsor. But no, my son and his family do not live near a border. So yeah, wake up, man! Can we use inches here in the states please?

Speaking of Sault Ste Marie, who would win a fight between actress Eva Marie Saint and singer Buffy Sainte-Marie? No, I don’t know their weights…    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment