Friday, July 17, 2015

The Accordian File



I’m seriously considering buying or leasing an accordion. I know, I’ve been saying that for years, but now my friend has actually located an accordion for me, so I may take the plunge. My dad had a cousin who played it and I think it may be in my blood. My goal would be to also buy a cottage on a small lake with a rowboat and have my wife or someone row us along the shore at night while I sang and played the accordion. I would learn some sea chanteys and pirate songs. 

                                          “Ring ding diddle iddle I de-o,
                                           up and down the shore we go."

The singing would probably get us invited to campfires and beach parties on the shore where I would sing, dance, play accordion, pass the hat and collect enough to pay for the accordion and the cottage. The entertainment could possibly include magic tricks. This would also be a great way to make friends with the local fishermen and trappers. 

If that plan turns out to be too aggressive, plan B would be to tour the county, singing and playing the accordion in the back of an ice cream truck, hawking Bomb Pops between chanteys. Regardless of whether it's by boat or by truck, you’ll know it’s me when I come through your town.

No comments:

Post a Comment