Sunday, March 26, 2017

Ball of Fame



I heard something on TV the other day about the Toy Hall of Fame in Rochester. Now, I’m not here to rip on Rochester. It’s a great city that’s had to overcome a lot with the loss of Kodak and all. There are a lot of smart people in Rochester. But this toy place sounds like one of those museums that cities fight to get but eventually the cities end up having to support them with tax dollars.

The guy on TV said that one of the recent honorees of the toy museum was the ball. That’s right. A ball. So yeah, they’ve got a ball exhibit there. Now, this is not something I can get too excited about, especially for a $19.50 admission price. I’m not sure I’m gonna drive all the way to Rochester for that.

But maybe I’m missing something here. Could you maybe take your kid to see the balls and then NOT have to take them to Baseball or Football or Basketball Halls of Fame? “Dad, can we go to Cooperstown to the Baseball Hall of Fame?” “Whataya mean, Timmy, I took you to see those balls in Rochester already. C’mon!” 

Hmm. Maybe they’re onto something…

No comments:

Post a Comment