Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Women's Day



Today is Women’s Day. I’m still figuring this whole thing out, but isn’t Women’s Day that magazine at the checkout at the grocery? It’s usually next to Family Circle Magazine, I think. If I’m the publisher of Women’s Day Magazine I’m not too happy about the Women’s Day holiday thing. I’d be thinking that the name “Women’s Day” was already taken and now, when somebody sees the magazine at Kroger, say, a month from now, they might think, “hey that’s an old magazine. Women’s Day was March 8th".

I guess some women stayed home from work or wherever today because of this new holiday. What if, though, you were a woman, and you were really sick today, and you had to stay home, and now your employer thinks you stayed home ‘cause of Women’s Day when you really had no intention of staying home on Women's Day? It gets muddy.

Let’s start a “Family Circle Day”. Sit on the floor. With your family. In a circle. Hold hands. Yeah. I’m in!  

No comments:

Post a Comment