Sunday, March 5, 2017

Holiday Update



The month of March brings us Pi Day on March 14th which numerically is 314 like the mathematical pi formula. Clever! It’s too bad that this day occurs during Lent when many have given up pie or I would say go out and get a piece of pie on that day. I admire the creativeness of this holiday and would like to suggest a couple more for the upcoming weeks/months:

  • March 4th – Waltz Day. (3/4 time.) Listen to some Strauss!
  • March 11th – Second shift day (3-11). Take a second shifter to lunch!
  • April 9th – Clean your microwave day (409 – do I really need to explain these?). A clean microwave is a safe microwave. Oh, and yeah, I lived in room 409 my freshman dorm in college. Looking back, our room was relatively clean once we realized there was no maid service.
  • May 7th – Ketchup variety day – Were there ever really 57 varieties? I, for one, have my doubts.  If there really were 57 varieties, why did they settle on this bland one? C’mon Heiny!
  • June 1st – “A Half Dozen of the Other” Day – Buy 6 of something.
  • July 11th – Visit a carryout day. Splurge. Get yourself a slurpee! Play the lotto.
So yeah, mark your calendars!

No comments:

Post a Comment