Monday, May 29, 2017

Cartoonist Vacation



Someone told me recently that comics are the main reason to purchase a newspaper. You can get them on the internet but only in a newspaper can you get all of the comics in one place. That made sense to me. One of my favorite cartoonists just took a week off and had somebody fill in for them. Really? All you have to do is come up with a 3 frame comic once a day (it’s a nice gig) and you’re telling me you can’t accumulate a backlog of 7 strips before you go on vacation? So the cartoonist is basically saying, “Hey, I can draw 344 of these a year but I can’t do 365.” * C’mon!

Oh, and on Sundays I want at least 6 frames. None of this “I’ll just make the frames bigger on Sunday and nobody will notice”. You know who you are.   

*Assumes three weeks of vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment