Wednesday, June 14, 2017

"Tear Down This Stall"



One time I saw a Corvette parked in a handicap parking spot in front of a local store. As I walked into the store, I saw my former neighbor come out and I realized it was his car. He is not handicapped. I thought to myself that it’s one thing to park in a handicap spot when you’re not handicapped, but it’s a whole ‘nother level to park a Corvette there. Wow!

Handicapped spots definitely serve a purpose. But the concept is not always very well thought out. We keep those spots pretty close to the exit at retail stores, but, in public restrooms, why is the handicapped stall usually way down at the end? That’s not right in my book. The handicapped person has to maneuver past all the standard stalls to get to the handicapped stall. Can we “in-stall” that a little closer to the door please?   

I used to know a guy named John Stahl. Seriously. What were his parents thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment