Monday, August 28, 2017

Beet Treat



Continuing in this summer's meat theme, I was with a bunch of people at lunch today. One woman ordered an Italian Beef sandwich of some sort. She did not have a speech defect that I could detect. She spoke clearly and had good eye contact. But when her food came, the waiter gave her a beet salad. I suppose the waiter’s “f” looked like a “t” and maybe his abbreviation of “sandwich” looked like “salad”. But what a disappointment! I mean, you’re looking forward to some red meet and they come back with red beet. I have to give her credit though. She did not mention it to the waiter and she ate the salad.

I know what you’re thinking here. No, the woman was not overweight and this was not the waiter’s way of telling her to shed a few pounds. C'mon!

No comments:

Post a Comment