Sunday, September 3, 2017

Holiday Toast



Have you ever noticed how short the cord is on your toaster? We have a construction project going on and our house is in disarray (I can’t find my fall shoes!) and we had to move our toaster into another room temporarily. Well, we love our toaster – it’s a four slice adjustable model. You can adjust the amount of time the bread gets toasted – stuff like that. But its cord is only 15 inches long! What’s up with that? Is Sunbeam afraid I’m going to pull the toaster far enough out on the counter so I DON’T burn the cabinets (not cupboards – cabinets!) up above? What if I’ve got curtains hanging down from the kitchen window? Don’t I want to be able to get away from those?

Can short people even reach these toasters at the back of the kitchen counters? Should we be offering to help them with toast? Have I been insensitive to that all these years?

No comments:

Post a Comment