Sunday, September 9, 2018

Barbershop Buzz


I ran into an old friend at the barbershop last week. While we waited for our turns in the chair, he started telling stories from when we worked together. Well, I appreciate barbershop fellowship and these were good stories. But when my turn in the chair came, he did what I was afraid he was going to do – he kept talking. Now, barbershop etiquette would say that conversing should stop once the clippers start. But he just kept going, and I couldn't hear hardly any of it. There was no possibility of non-verbal communication – head nodding or shaking was obviously out of the question. Eye contact was impossible – even with the mirrors. I caught a word here or there and gave out a couple “Uh-huhs”. By the end of my haircut I was exhausted.   

If this happens again, I’m gonna give that guy “cuts”.

No comments:

Post a Comment