Sunday, November 18, 2018

Apple


What do we do with the Adam’s Apple? Yeah, it’s that thing in your neck that you think sticks out but nobody notices it. I have no idea what it does, if anything. Whatever it does, it must do it well ‘cause we never hear of one going bad. Nobody ever gets it removed and I’ve never met anybody who’s on a waiting list for one. I’ve struggled at times with the name of this organ. I thought at first that maybe, in this age of equal rights, that, for a woman, it should be known as the “Eve’s Apple”.  Then I thought maybe it should be the “Eve’s Apple” for all of us. It was indeed Eve who first bit into the apple, right? So, why confuse people by calling it the Adam’s Apple? Or, do you get rid of the male/female thing altogether and just call it “the apple”?

As a lover of apples my vote (after much thought) would be to call it “Jonathan Apple” on men and “The Granny Smith” on women.  

Feel free to use this as a discussion topic at your family’s Thanksgiving table Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment