Thursday, January 17, 2019

Save Me a Seat Belt!


Seat belts have come a long way, haven’t they? I was around when seat belts were first introduced. Back then there were no shoulder straps and the belts just laid there on the seat. There were six belts in the front and six in the back and you had to try to match them up. It was a struggle. “Why are you late for work, Carl?” “Sorry boss! My seat belts got all tangled up again.” And then sometimes the seat belt would hang out your door and drag on the pavement. That was fun also...

Most people think seat belts were invented for safety. That is true but not in the way you thought.  Seat belts were invented to restrain parents from whacking their fighting kids in the back seat. 

Most surveys I’ve seen conclude that kids behaved better before seat belts were invented. I know I did. It doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out… 

No comments:

Post a Comment