Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Sidewalk Saga


I saw it again. I was giving my mother a ride home and we saw a couple walking together with their baby in a stroller in the street when a perfectly good sidewalk was available 10 feet away. We’ve discussed this before here regarding parents strollering their babies in the street. (My computer is telling me that “strollering” is not a word. How can that not be a word?) Maybe it took the warmer temperatures to thaw out my brain, but today we finally figured out the reason for these “street strollers”: these folks walk in the streets because they don’t think they can fit side by side on the sidewalks. This is what we’ve become in America.

So, the answer, I guess, is to widen the sidewalks. Yes. This is going to mean higher taxes and yes, you will lose a part of your front lawn. But if that's what it takes to get these people off the streets, let’s get it done before somebody gets hurt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment