Sunday, July 14, 2019

Turn On


Cars are pretty smart these days. I was driving last week and my dashboard started beeping and a message came on that said “Turn signal on”.  I was going to turn left a little ways ahead, so I thought, wow, this car knows I’m turning in a bit and it’s telling me to turn on my turn signal. It knows where I’m going. But then I realized that my turn signal was already on, and had been on for some time and it was telling me that my turn signal was still on.  So apparently, “Turn signal on” means “Turn signal off”. Can we make it any more confusing?

Today I got a confusing “Auto renewal” notice from State Farm. Is this a policy that renews automatically, or is it an automobile policy? Or is it an automobile policy that renews automatically?

Someday, when my car drives automatically, will our kids still get the good student discount on their car insurance? And, as good students, why don’t we get discounts on their health insurance? (“But Aetna, he got a B+ in Biology!”)

No comments:

Post a Comment