Sunday, May 17, 2020

The Future of Bowling


Remember when Nixon had the bowling alley installed in the white house? Sure, Dick, every president going forward is gonna love bowling. Right. What was he thinking? He probably didn’t even have the automatic scoring. I wonder if he had shoe rental.  I wonder if he tried to get foreign dignitaries to bowl. “C’mon Leonid. Let’s go knock down some pins. I’ll get Kissinger.”

Bowling’s gonna have a tough time coming back after COVID.  The last thing I want to do right now is put on some rented shoes. Or use somebody else’s ball. Maybe if someone invents a bowling glove...I recently saw an ad for a lawn bowling set. Yeah, like that’s gonna work. My lawn’s decent but not flat enough for bowling. It would be hard just to get the pins to stand up.

And who’s gonna dig the gutters?

No comments:

Post a Comment