Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Flied Chicken

I went to the post office last week to mail something. While waiting in line (and maintaining proper social distancing) I heard what I thought were birds chirping or singing. When I finally made it to the front of the line, I asked the employee if a bird had flown into the back warehouse, you know, like when a bird gets trapped inside Walmart? She said that this was not a songbird in the warehouse. No, this was a chicken in a cage on the other side of the counter. It was waiting to be mailed somewhere.

Who in the world flies a chicken across the country? Was this someone’s pet? I was dying to ask, but I don’t think you can do that. I’m sure the post office has a policy of not telling us where other people are mailing stuff. Besides, there were people in line behind me.

Have you ever noticed that those birds trapped inside Walmart tend to find perches over the pet aisle? Yeah, check it out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment