Sunday, August 23, 2020

The Fruits (And Pink Meat) of Victory

Do you get those cell phone calls labeled “Potential Spam”? I get them; they usually come right before lunch and right before dinner. I never answer. But don't you wonder why you’re getting calls about processed meat right before your meals? Aren't these calls just disguised advertisements for Spam, the delicious pink canned quasi-pork product? Do you find yourself eating more pork when you get these calls? These people know what they’re doing. 

It doesn’t take a genius to figure this stuff out...

Spam was invented during WWII and has survived 80 years. It was fed to our armed forces during the war. Spam is still around. It reminds people of our victory I guess. Had we lost the war perhaps we would not have Spam today.  I accept the trade off but it doesn't mean I have to like Spam...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment