Sunday, March 28, 2021

A Fine Mess

I have a past due library book. I borrowed it last month. They let me have it for two weeks, then they auto renewed it for 2 more weeks.  Four weeks have passed and I still haven’t finished it so they gave it to me for a third 2 week period. (I know what you’re thinking: Uncle Tommy reads like one page per day. I know. Well, you try running this blog and having any time for leisure. Maybe if you were running this blog you wouldn’t even have taken out the library book.)

The other odd aspect here is libraries (well, at least our library) have done away with fines. So, like, where’s my incentive to return my book? As an author, I love this. Nobody’s gonna return a book to the ‘brary, so you’ll have to buy it now if you want to read it. More money to the author.

But with no fines, what am I gonna do with all my spare change? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment