Wednesday, March 9, 2022

DORA Explorer

We have a Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA) downtown now. I’m not sure why they call it “refreshment” area, ‘cause it’s really just about drinking alcohol. You were allowed to eat or drink anything else there before. Now people shuffle around aimlessly carrying cups. DORA? Nah. It’s more like NOLDA. Night of the Living Drunk Assoc. Only one person’s been hit by a car so far…

We were downtown Saturday night. Unfortunately I had forgotten about the DORA. But seeing people shuffling around aimlessly holding out cups, and dealing with our downtown’s poor lighting, I quietly put a coin in each of the first few cups I saw. My wife eventually stopped me but by then I was out of coins.

Ten to one these NOLDAs used the coin to help buy another drink…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment