Sunday, March 13, 2022

You Say Potato Beetle, I Say Potato Beetle

I had another nice chat with the bug man Friday. (He comes to our office and sprays once a month.) I’ve learned a few things from him in our chats and I’d like to think that he’s picked up a thing or two from me. I asked him if he was allowed to tell me which local hotels had bed bug issues, if any. He of course, as a matter of policy, was not able to share that with me. But he mentioned that yes, there was one with some bug issues, and that his aunt had stayed there.

I listened to his story, but then noted to him that he had used the “ant” pronunciation for the word “aunt” and not the “ont” pronunciation. While both are acceptable, I thought he as a bug man might find it more appropriate to use the “ont” pronunciation. He agreed and said that he would be using “ont” going forward.

We here at Uncle Tommy are glad there’s only one pronunciation of Uncle!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment