Sunday, April 17, 2022

Ice Cream Sunday

 

I ordered a cake from our favorite bakery for my wife’s birthday. I asked for a special message on the cake since this year her birthday fell on Palm Sunday for the first time since she was born. When I picked up the cake, they showed it to me and it only said “Happy Birthday” – no mention of Palm Sunday. They offered to correct the message and I said sure. I looked at the bread while I waited.

The next day we sang “Happy Birthday” after which my wife fanned out the candles – no blowing anymore (Covid). I cut into the cake, only to find a white cake instead of the chocolate I had ordered. So yeah, we didn’t just get the wrong message on the cake, we got the wrong cake. Somebody else got our cake.

Folks, this is why I strongly discourage putting anybody’s last name on a frosting message. If somebody gets your cake by accident, they’re gonna try to hunt you down and make a trade to get their cake. And what if you already blew on it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment