Sunday, April 3, 2022

Gas Prices

I was at a store yesterday where they sell party supplies. The cashier was blowing up balloons. Behind her was a sign that read “Reduced Helium”. Hmmm, I thought to myself. There must be a helium type, or perhaps some type of helium blend that makes the balloons rise slower or perhaps not as much as regular helium. There being a few years since my high school Chemistry class, I assumed it was something that had been invented in the last few years.

Since I long for knowledge, I asked her about this “Reduced Helium”. She gave me an odd look and turned to look at the sign. She moved a balloon that had been blocking part of the sign. Moving the balloon revealed the rest of the sign. The sign now read, “Reduced Helium Prices”.

I told her that if she had used the regular helium, the balloon would have been higher and we could have seen the whole sign.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment