Sunday, June 9, 2024

The Governor

I rented a truck yesterday to move some stuff. The rental guy said the truck had a governor on it limiting the top speed on the truck to 75 mph. Having recently driven through Oklahoma, I reminded him that the speed limit there was 80. We laughed. He said that you’d have to go over 90 to get a ticket there. I said that I didn’t know if radar even went that high. He assured me that it did, that in fact that he’d been pulled over going 92 on his Harley.

He said that, incredibly, the patrolman gave him a “walk”, a warning. No ticket! I of course thought that was amazing. He said the key to the “walk” was their shared love of Ted Nugent music. I told him I’d put that in my memory bank and talk about Ted next time I got pulled over.

They put those governors on the trucks so it takes you longer to get to your destination and you have to rent the truck longer. C’mon. It doesn’t take a genius to figure this stuff out!

No comments:

Post a Comment