Monday, September 9, 2024

Pump it Up!

 We rented a U-Haul truck to transport some furniture on our recent trip. We stopped at a Loves travel center for fuel.  With that size of truck you don’t have much flexibility at the fuel pump and you pretty much have to wait for the guy in front of you to finish ‘cause you really don’t want to have to back up. There are two groups of people you need to look out for when you pull up to the pumps in a truck:

·         The 38 gallon guy. I got stuck behind one of these guys filling up his Suburban. It was my fault, I should have known Suburbans have big tanks. But the guy kinda needed to acknowledge me as I waited for him, a nod or a shrug to acknowledge “yeah, I’m gonna be doin’ 38 gallons here”. No apology needed here, just acknowledgement.

·         The potty park at the pump (PPP) guy. This guy gets his gas and leaves his car AT THE PUMP while he goes inside the travel plaza. I am open to signage and or penalties to address these PPP people.

We will attempt to put a positive spin on this (which is what we do here at UT). If the PPP guy runs into the plaza while his car is still filling, it is acceptable to stretch the hose in his car over to yours and fill up your vehicle.

You get free gas and the PPP learns acceptable behavior. Kind of a win-win, maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment