Wednesday, June 10, 2015

"Back up Honey, I missed the Garbanzo Beans"

Today I was waiting to use a drive-thru ATM when I realized I was behind one of those right hand only ATM users (RHOATMU, for short). This can be painful to watch (I try not to), and it can take a painfully long time for them to complete their transaction. These people are rare, but studies show their numbers to be holding fairly steady. The RHOATMU pulls up to the ATM like a normal customer, but then proceeds to use only their right hand to operate the ATM. This involves rolling down the driver's side window, opening the door, and then curling their bodies through the window of the open door to reach the ATM keyboard with their right hand. In some cases, the RHOATMU will keep their foot on the break pedal throughout the process. Obviously, these are people you want on your Twister team. Over time, a RHOATMU will eventually have a right arm that is up to two inches longer than their left. A keen observer might be able to identify one at the beach or in the gym.

When I eventually open my much anticipated drive-thru salad bar, proper signage will be posted encouraging drivers to use their left hands while going through the line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment