Saturday, June 20, 2015

Yarn Spinning



While watching an Ohio State football game on TV last fall, we saw a woman knitting in the stands. We couldn’t tell which team she was pulling for since we could not see the color of the yarn. But she was really into it. It was a December game and very cold. Perhaps she knits really fast and was making scarves or mittens to sell to people sitting around her in the stands, I thought. Regardless, it got me thinking.  Has anyone ever used knitting needles (and shouldn’t it be knitting kneedles?) as chopsticks? I thought that would be pretty, pretty impressive if I could pull it off, and pretty intimidating. I’ve now tried it, and it’s taken me a while, but I’m competent eating with them at this point, having only lost a few pounds while learning. My plan is to walk into a PF Chang, slap those big needles down on the table and shout out “Gimme some rice!”  That would result in prompt service and instant celebrity status. 

I’d want a special case for my needles like those guys have for their own pool cues. And white gloves maybe.   

No comments:

Post a Comment