Sunday, July 3, 2016

Animal Farm



I was driving to a friend’s house Thursday night, and I had to drive through downtown where we have our Thursday Night Farmer’s Market. As I entered downtown, traffic was heavy, and, yeah, I did not clear an intersection on a left turn until the light had turned red. I suppose I could be cited for that, but people do that all the time. Well, as I finished my left turn, a car honked, and I saw this woman on my left, who had to wait all of maybe 1.7 seconds for me to clear the intersection. Initially, she gave me this big smile but then –boom – out came her middle finger. Now, was this necessary? Did she need to do that right in front of the farmer’s market? She obviously didn’t know who I was, and my place in the community, but wow! I have always considered the farmer’s market to be a place where people are civil. A place where we really don’t need the police. So yeah, I was disappointed in the behavior of this woman.  

I guess I should be thankful she didn’t throw her brown eggs at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment