Sunday, July 10, 2016

Disco



I was at an estate sale recently and two friends jokingly told me I needed to purchase this book about Disco they had found. Those 1970's were one crazy time. Well, I can’t tell if they were suggesting it for me because they knew I didn’t really care for that era, or if they maybe thought I was a good dancer. Maybe it was one of each. Regardless, it struck me as a bit odd that someone had held on to this book about Disco for 40 years. Was it on their bookshelf by the fireplace this whole time? Maybe on their bedside stand? Had they read it repeatedly? Had they kept their platform shoes, silk shirts or whatever it was that women wore this whole time as well? Every style comes back – except that one!

They say that people get a little bit shorter when they get older. That statement is simply not true – it was the platform shoes of the 70’s that made us taller in our youth. If you want to regain your lost height go to an estate sale and find yourself some platform shoes. Why do you think I was there?

No comments:

Post a Comment