Thursday, April 20, 2017

Synonames



Do you ever meet people who have names that sound a lot like someone famous, and when you jokingly bring that to their attention, they don’t know what you’re talking about? I used to know this woman whose name was Sandra Gay something. I don’t remember her last name but that’s not important to this story. I of course called her Sandra Gay O’Connor once, after our famous former Supreme Court Justice, Sandra Day O’Connor. Well, you’d have thought that I was from another planet. She had no idea what I was talking about. No one had ever linked Sandra Gay with Sandra Day for her before. Are you kidding me? How can you go through your life with the name Sandra Gay and not once have someone call you Sandra Day? And Sandra Day O’Connor was a Supreme Court Justice for a long time, man.  And she was the first female justice, I think. Pretty, pretty famous person.

I know, I know. I shouldn’t judge people. That’s why we have people like Sandra Gay, I mean, Sandra Day O’Connor.

No comments:

Post a Comment