Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Tax Refund



Remember when people bragged every spring about how much of tax refund they were getting?. You don’t hear that kind of bragging so much anymore ‘cause people understand that getting a refund means that the government has gotten to use your money all year. For free. But there’s a few of those braggarts still out there. I know a guy who still does that. This same guy also has the unique practice of going a while without brushing his teeth prior to a dental appointment. “If they’re gonna clean my teeth anyway, why should I clean them before I go? You don’t wash your car before going to the car wash, right?” I suppose he had some kind of a point, but…

I know another guy who complained that his elderly mother let her dog lick off her plate. A lot of people do that, I said. He said it was really gross though when she put the plate back into her mouth…   

No comments:

Post a Comment