Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Street People



What’s with the parents who push their kids’ strollers or pull their kids’ wagons in the street when there’s a sidewalk available? I see this type of thing happening more and more. I was attempting to pull into my driveway last week when I had to wait for this family to walk by me in the street with their wagon before I could park. At least they were walking against traffic but hey, we have pretty good sidewalks last time I looked.  The dad gave me the “I know we’re in the street and I feel pretty silly about it and I’m sorry” look. The mom did not look apologetic. 

So is this mom part of some weird pedestrian rights kick? Are these aggressive walkers working to take over the roads? Well, let ‘em try whatever they want but I’m still gonna drive on the roads.

On the bright side, does this mean I don’t have to shovel the snow off my sidewalk anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment