Sunday, April 5, 2020

Poster Post


Have you seen the posters for the nine step program for washing your hands? I don’t think I can recite all the steps, but I know the last one is “Dry hands”.  I think I would argue that drying one’s hands could be considered a separate task. Regardless, be it an eight step or nine step program, that seems like a lot of steps to wash one’s hands. In comparison, Alcoholics Anonymous Sobriety Program is only a 12 step program, I think. If washing your hands takes 9 steps, that somehow makes AA’s 12 step program seem less burdensome, something that maybe I could do if I had to…

The problem with these charts is that they don’t tell you not to touch the door knob on the way out. So yeah, it’s an 11 step program. Step 10 is to use a paper towel to open the door to get out of the bathroom. Step 11 is to take a jump shot and shoot the wadded up paper towel toward the trash can on your way out the door.  Yeah, I know, we all do it…

No comments:

Post a Comment