Sunday, January 24, 2021

Second Best

I noticed while out driving yesterday that Rite Aid is really pushing flu shots. Their sign reads: Come in for a Flu Shot! C’mon, Rite Aid! Nobody cares about a flu shot right now, do we? No! We all want the other shot. The vaccine. The big one. Two of ‘em. Four weeks apart. C’mon. Here’s my arm. I'm sitting on pins. And needles. To advertise a flu shot today would be like a steak house which had run out of meat posting a sign reading, “Come in for our Potatoes”.   Or a seafood restaurant promoting their imitation crab. Huh-uh.

Back in the 60’s my friend’s mom brought home a record album for her kids called The Beatle’s Beat. It was by The Buggs, a Beatles knock off band. She thought it was the Beatles. I don’t remember much about it. That was ‘cause we never listened to it.

I bet she bought it at RiteAid.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment