Friday, January 1, 2021

New Year's Message from Uncle Tommy

The temperature has been just right lately here for beautiful ice sheets. This is when, at our house at least, water freezes in the puddle on the tarp covering the table on our deck out back. Each day I remove the ice – it comes off in one sheet, usually about 9 to 12 inches wide. It is then my job to determine what person, place, or thing the ice sheet resembles, take a picture of it and text it to friends and family to see if they agree. So far this year we’ve had a lovely badger and, on another morning, the western tip of North Carolina. It’s fun to see what each morning brings.

I would love to tell you that a year ago I found an ice sheet resembling Joe Biden or Dr. Fauci or somebody, but that did not happen. So I don’t think these things predict the future. But if badgers take over western North Carolina in 2021, well, you heard it here first!

Happy New Year!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment