Monday, November 15, 2021

Milepost

I'm on vacation again so please pardon the delays between posts. I'm using Google Maps a bit, or at least trying to. I looked up a place 2.3 miles away. Pretty straight forward, I thought. In city driving, they estimated I could get there in 7 minutes. Seemed about right, I thought. But they estimate my walking time would be 48 minutes. One way. Wait. What? Now I'm not one of those Olympic walker types, and I don't do the arm pumps when I walk, but I think I can walk 2.3 miles in less than 48 minutes. That's 21 minute mile pace if you're keeping score at home. Is google aware of some type of injury I have or am about to incur? Do they not like my shoes?

What I really like are the walk time estimates for when you're going farther away, like 15 miles. Are these necessary?  Does Google know the Amish don't likely use Google Maps?

No comments:

Post a Comment