Sunday, August 21, 2022

Can I Get That on a Sugar Cone?

I was in a suite at a football game last year where they served prime rib. Ooh, great, I thought. But then I found out they only had plastic silverware. Awkward! My fork broke in the first quarter. Fortunately I had not yet eaten my dinner roll so I broke the roll in half and inserted the beef. The makeshift sandwich was still awkward ‘cause the beef was a little tough. I think I was still chewing well into the third quarter…

On a related note but totally opposite end of the dining spectrum, have you heard of these cones you put your food in at fairs and festivals? We saw a guy with a giant cone full of pulled pork, mac & cheese and coleslaw. Not a bad idea I suppose.  

As an incentive for children to finish their meals, I wonder if they could put a scoop of ice cream in the bottom of the cone. “Keep eating, son. I know it’s down there.”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment