Sunday, February 5, 2023

I Come to the Garden

I love those big, shared salads at Olive Garden. They bring a family together, those salads. But for years they only put one black olive in their shared salad. Well I, for one, love black olives. So I would go to Olive Garden hoping to get that lonesome olive. I knew it was in that salad somewhere. I was polite and I never talked about the olive, hoping it would elude the other dinner guests as the salad was passed around the table.  For me, it was like sharing a box of crackerjack, watching it being passed around by a table full of guests, knowing that there was only one prize…

I’m guessing that the single olive policy led to some fights at Olive Garden, ‘cause now they put more than one olive in the salad. I guess now they can change their name to Olives Garden…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment