Sunday, February 19, 2023

In Hot Water!

It seems like every business still needs employees. A restaurant we like a lot almost always has a sign out that reads “Cook Wanted”. Fortunately, this restaurant is small, so we’re actually better off without the cook, ‘cause that means the owner is cooking - he’s the one back there slingin’ hash. And he’s the one who started the restaurant - ‘cause he was a good cook. So don’t let those “Cook Wanted” signs scare you – unless you see one in the post office!

Last week I saw a sign at another restaurant that simply read, “Dishwashers Wanted!” Well, using the exclamation point worked. No, I did not apply for the job. But it caught my eye and here I am writing about it days later. (Actually, I’m better at drying dishes. That’s an underrated job – you gotta know where everything goes.) But I don’t get the “Dishwashers wanted!” sign. Why don’t they just buy one?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment