Thursday, June 22, 2023

The Darndest Things

Remember that old TV show “Kids Say the Darndest Things”? There were multiple versions of it; the one I remember was hosted by Art Linkletter.  Looking back, they would video kids for hours on end waiting for them to say something cute. Then they would edit it and show a short clip on TV and make you laugh. Hopefully.

I would like to see a TV show called “Seniors Say the Darndest Things”. They could show it on The Hallmark Channel. (OK. Yeah, I could like be on it. OK.) Just yesterday I was listening to a baseball game on the radio when one of the guys calling the game (he’s 82) just blurted out, “Dan, what’s that smell?” Can you even say that on the air?  

There’s a whole camp out there who uses the word “darnedest” instead of “darndest”. Spellcheck likes “darnedest” but I’m sticking with Linkletter’s version. I’m not gonna argue spelling with a guy named Linkletter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment