Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Finger Hut

While on the coast last week, I had a chance to talk with one of the lifeguards. There were people at the beach from all over the world. I didn’t ask him, but I’m guessing the lifeguards have to understand phrases like “Help”, or “I can’t swim”, or “Do I really need to wait 20 minutes after I eat before I can swim?” in multiple languages. I made it a point going forward, that as we travel to different beaches, to determine upon arrival if the lifeguard speaks English. If he or she does not speak English, I won’t go out as far.

The beach we were at had a cool hamburger stand where they also sold chicken fingers. I didn’t have any but they sure smelled good.  There were sea gulls circling above waiting to swoop down and steal unattended chicken fingers. They were aggressive. I kinda felt like Tippi Hedren.

It might be just me, but isn’t it disgusting that sea gulls eat chicken? I mean, like, what’s up with that? That’s a little too close in the food chain for my comfort. And we wonder why cannibalism is on the rise…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment