Sunday, August 13, 2023

Meteor Cometary

Our weather forecast for last night called for meteors. That’s right, meteors. So yeah, I immediately went to my personal library and looked up meteors. It turns out that they’re tiny and nowhere near the size of a comet. In fact, they are parts of comets apparently. But I bet they could blind you if you were looking up and one hit you.

So yeah, you’re supposed to go out in your backyard (they never say front yard -If it was the front yard, someone might see you!) and look up at the sky for a minimum of 2 hours. This sounds too much like one of those dreaded Glaucoma tests you take at the eye doctor where you have to stare into the machine and press the button when you see something move. I passed on meteor night.

Regardless, it’s a big night for the weathermen. I’m guessing they can predict these nights pretty accurately – that’s why they’re called meteorologists.  And it’s a special night for pilots, I bet. They no doubt had fun last night with everybody thinking that their plane was a meteor. I bet they zig-zagged around and stuff…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment